OneSteel Reinforcing has developed a complete range of innovative products to meet the needs of the Civil Construction industry.
The PLUS in 500PLUS® represents a unique range of value-added benefits that are only available from OneSteel Reinforcing.
- Family of integrated 500PLUS® REBAR products and services from OneSteel Reinforcing
- Improved efficiency, productivity, speed and safety
- Save time, money and effort
- National Technical Support Team
- Advanced Design® assistance and software
- Prefabrication and Supply & Fix package e.g. 500PLUS® BAMTEC® & 500PLUS® PREFAB
- Extensive distribution network.
- Specialist ECO-BAR™ products are also available.
OneSteel Reinforcing operates world-class manufacturing and processing facilities throughout Australia. We produce a comprehensive range of ACRS quality-certified* products manufactured from Australian steel, and complying with all Australian Standards. An extensive network of branches and approved resellers offering flexible delivery schedules, ensures OneSteel Reinforcing’s 500PLUS® family of products and services are available, even in some of Australia’s most remote locations.
500PLUS® REBAR TEMPCORE®
500PLUS® REBAR has a minimum tensile strength to yield strength ratio of 1.08 (Cv) and Uniform Elongation (Agt or Esu) of 5%*, exceeding the N Class (normal ductility) requirements in AS3600-2001 and reinforcing steel materials standard, AS 4671-2001.
The majority of 500PLUS® REBAR is made by the TEMPCORE® process, which results in a reinforcing steel with a carbon equivalent (CE) limit of 0.39-0.44 max. This provides excellent bending and re-bending characteristics and weldability with no pre-heating required.
TEMPCORE® produces a high strength REBAR with a tough outer skin and ductile core, providing exceptional toughness and ductility, available in 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36 & 40 mm diameters.
500PLUS® REBAR MICROALLOY
Microalloyed 500PLUS® is manufactured in coil form (and then straightened) in 10, 12 & 16 mm diameters, and has a CE limit of 0.44 max. It also does not require pre-heating when welded in accordance with the revised Welding Standard AS/NZS1554. Other manufacturers’ 500 MPa reinforcing steel may be made to higher CE limits and pre-heating may then be required in certain circumstances.
- Complementary full range of products and services
- 500PLUS® TEMPCORE®: 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 36 & 40 mm diameters available
- 500PLUS® Microalloy: 10, 12 & 16 mm diameters available
- Complies with N Class bar to AS4671-2001 & AS3600-2001
- Excellent ductility, bendability & weldability.
Additional product design support and application information on 500PLUS® REBAR’s strength, ductility, bending, re-bending, welding practice notes and other properties is available in the comprehensive OneSteel Reinforcing 500PLUS® REBAR Technical Manual and Product Guide.
The value-added benefits of OneSteel Reinforcing’s 500PLUS® solutions can be seen in featured case studies.